zondag 23 november 2008

Homes

It's snowing and I feel at home. A smell of tea and butter cookies. It's Dutch and its all mine. Alex and Verena are making food, music is playing and it's...home. My home. Finally, after months of feeling out of place my head found peace.In this white house with blue doors, windows and curtains. It is hard to find a point of connection when you move around all the time. Travel, suitcases, change. Change your street, your adress, you bed, your habbits. The streets of every new city will become your life and will have a completely new meaning after you crossed them thousand times.

Tzar Simeon Veliki
Aleko Konstantinov
Bulevard Bulgaria
Bratq Miladinovi
St. Janstraat
Vogelensanglaan
Haagdijk
L'Alegra de Dalt
Concell de Cent

All my streets. All my different beds and sheets. And where was, is and will be home among them? Could your hearth be everywhere? It is present, alive and throbbing right here. Sipping Morrocan tea, listening to deep house in the early Sunday afternoon. And this first really winter day reminds me of how much I will be missing this home. Soon there will be a new 10th street on my list. And new roommates. And new trees on my street.
Somewhere far far west.
I will be missing them too.

Geen opmerkingen: