vrijdag 26 december 2008

Decemberist

I have been decembering for 27 days now. 15 days of exams, headache and insomnia dipped in coffie, wine and what-ever-makes-you-happy-s. 2 December days of saying "good bye", generous hugs and kissing eyes that will be far far away from mine. And then on the 18th I did not have the time to sleep, wake up and realize that I am back. Back home. Suddenly, I woke up in the huge lecture hall of the University of Sofia, sitting next to Yana, listening to the witty remarks of the literature professor. That same day I woke up a few more times while reading the steet signs, ordering tee, buying potatoes. A peculiar December feeling took over when I finally laid down my heavy head on a clean white pillow listening to the thousand voices of Sofia.

Now i am decembering in this small town down south. Separated from the world. Far away from my normal life, responsibilitie and preconditions. Here everything happens in this lovely, almost habitual manner, the joy that you are able to get back to these habbits. There is our meeting point at the cinema (even thought there is no cinema to be found anymore !), there is the shop where I buy big beer bottles from (unavailable in the west), there goes the daily coffie-drinking. And all those faces and sparkling eyes, the best and the oldest friends I have had. Different and still the same. We dance under D&B beats, we drink wine, beer, whiskey, we love, we smoke, we december.

This morning I danced with the weather. The sky was still dark blue but slowly inviting a few different shades. It did not matter anyways because a marching army of snowflakes was conquering everything around me. Houses, trees, cars and roads surrendered under the merciless December attack. I marched home boldly, thus being the first opponent of the snow brigade. I passed through whitened streets where noone alse had walked. It was ment to be a fight but it became a dance because I could not resist the tempting invitations. As every true, dedicated decemberist.

Geen opmerkingen: