maandag 4 mei 2009

Nightmares



I was running away from the SS. In corridors and dungeons, I was hidding in baskets, under sheets and pillows. I was finding new homes and they were always one step behind me. I could feel their breath, their guns pointing at me. I had a number and was alone. Running. Somebody said “Halt” and then I woke up….

And all that adventure because of this movie. Nightmares have been always torturing me after any information I have ever received about the WWII. Same in highschool in German seminars when we just had to be presented all that visual material. The same happened after every single movie on the topic and after (and during) reading “The Hands of Krupp”. Sometimes I was killing and torturing, sometimes I was tortured. And there’s always that taste in my mouth. Sauer…..

Geen opmerkingen: