zaterdag 10 april 2010

Macau Arts Festival

In May 2010 the Cultural Centre of Macau will open doors to welcome Macau's 21st Arts Festival. The internationally-acclaimed event will cover the entire month of May and will be staged at various locations around Macau. Tickets for the festival could be found via the Macau Kong Seng Ticketing Network starting from March 21st

Macau Arts Festival is an unique multicultural blend of exhibitions, opera, visual arts, theatre, dance and installations and much more. Present this year will be the the Kransy Sisters from Australia, winners of various prestigious international awards including the Herald Angel Award at the Edinburgh Festival 2006 with their Heard It On the Wireless. The Gaia Theatre from Peru will perform a kinetic, non-verbal act in the mime/puppet theatre The Worlds of Fingerman, while Storm (Germany) and Discipulos do Ritmo(Brazil) will reveal the connection between dance and geometry in their famous hip-hop performance Geometronomics.

With more than 70 performances from 20 different countries the festival is a celebration of multicultural diversity- an image widely promoted by Macau's authorities. The program includes acts from USA, Brazil, Canada, Cuba, Australia and while also giving opportunity to local works to debut on a international front. Such are the drama teatre Stories of the Rose Alley performed by the Hiu Kok Drama Association and the Outdoor Performing Arts Showcage with artists from various generations and traditions in Macau.

With two other similar festivals- Macau International Music Festival which takes place every October and the April's International Video&Film Festival- Macau is becoming one of the most popular festival cities in Asia, attracting thousands of festival-goers each year. Will Macau be the laid-back multicultural festival capital of Asia? Only time will show.

3 opmerkingen:

Videlicet G. zei

Skerleva:)... You know what makes your blog different? You. I love reading about all the places you've been, i love to read your emotions. Honestly, I thought loosing passion for traveling is inevitable for me, but look at me now, I haven't been out of Sofia since months.I'm sad, but visiting your page somehow brings me back passion for life, travel and the unknown.I'd love to see also some pictures:))
Love
Neda

camelia zei

Grozeva, I am coming to Sofia this summer to bring back the passion in you my dear! Are in the homeland this summer or going to US again. Please be in BG!!

I promise! Pictures are coming soon, I have just bought a new camera :DDD.

Videlicet G. zei

Nice, can't wait to see them!
And yes, i will be stuck here, under bunch of law books, and I will be pleased to have as my guest:)))
Take care and keep traveling!