vrijdag 24 april 2009

Freedom to the Internet!!!!!!

Please read this if you care about your rights!!!!!!!!!


This is the e-mail that my housemate in Holland sent to all EU representatives today:

"Dear Member of the European Parliament,

On the 5th of May there will be a votation on the 'Telecoms Package'.

I hereby ask you to vote against this legislation.

I am worried about the legistlation because it will
permit broadband providers to impose "conditions limiting access to and/or use of services and applications".

When you vote on that day, I expect you to defend:

-the removal of all references to limitations, restrictions, or conditions of use or access to networks, content, applications and services.

-that all measures related to copyright enforcement, 3-strikes and content filtering are rejected.

-that measures related to traffic data shall protect our right to surf the web in privacy.

-that the telecoms market is regulated for the citizen's interests, and especially:

**a guarantee of open access to all content, services and applications.

** safeguards for users against disproportionate sanctions for downloading and content filtering are reinstated.

My name is Gerard Hoogeveen González.

Spain. ID#: xxxxxxxxx

I am a Spanish born citizen living in the Netherlands, and I hope my request is not made in vain.

Thank you very much for your time.

April 24th, 2009
"

Geen opmerkingen: