woensdag 23 september 2009

One year bloggin'

Today Havevisons have become one complete year old. Remembering that Dutch afternoon 12 months ago I cannot help but write a quick review of unimportant stuff. It was a year of utter weirdness, of loneliness, of amazing breathtaking views, achievements, of desires never satisfied. I have found myself and what I want to be – may be only partly but still a good beginning. It was a year of solitude, music and literature – in fact it’s probably the year with the highest number of books read (more than 30 titles for 12 months). Yes, I fell in love – this was something to remember – even though I did not post too much about it here. I left meat consumption behind my back, learned to cook proper meals, found ways to lead a healthy life-style (this is a big step for somebody who used to live on alcohol, cigarettes and rice). And now here I am again – far from all I love! Ready to see new lands, to eat new food, to speak a new language (so far I count to infinity and greet the guards at school in Chinese). New friends are to be made and I am working on that. But loneliness remains, not bothering me anymore, like a statement that my course of life is making. There are other things to be done and I am doing them almost without the painful need to be somewhere else, with somebody else.

This blog has helped me somehow to reflect on past events, remember impressions that selective memory erases but written words contain forever. Thoughts I shared, songs I loved – needed by no one but chosen by me to be present here. Why? I don’t care. Why in English? - Many people have asked: my thoughts run smoothly in English, they probably fly in Bulgarian but I have never typed in my own language and before I find the “ф” and the “ч” my idea is somewhat getting vague. For those who were reading this blog during the past 12 months: thank you and enjoy one of my favorite songs of August 2009 (yeah I have got mental lists of songs that mark each month and this is one of them). BTW I am getting totally annoyed by "Embedding disabled by request" ...




oh yeah and I аm sorry for what we call in Бulgarian "баластра"! :)

1 opmerking:

anchett zei

happy birthday, homqche :) love your new slang, your visions and stories. and miss you like hell. обичам те.