woensdag 21 januari 2009

Last



Here I am sitting in my room, sipping wine, observing my luggage. Two bags is all I am going to carry with me on this journey far from here. Two bags. When exactly did I stop caring about belongings, things, clothes? So easy to disconnect. So light for a new transition. It felt kinda sad today while packing the suitcases that I am not taking with me- how much is going to be left behind. Clothes soaked in human touch, over-washed, over-worn. Books- read, reread or untouched left for those who will have the chance to find them. Posters, flyers, documents, lecture notes, socks, bed sheets, towels. Yeah, my five month stay in Breda was all this and much more - all those faces downstairs discussing Obama, sex, drugs, music, religion, environment. The family. :). So, instead of sitting here in my room, sipping wine and observing my luggage ( : ) I am gonna get my white Eastern European ass downstairs and celebrate my last night in Europe (celebrate = get hammered = no mercy for the Europeans)

Geen opmerkingen: