woensdag 8 september 2010

A long time now



Earlier today, while indulging in my city stroll, my Shuffler landed on this song and thousands of emotional galaxies collided. There were months, exactly two years ago, when Beirut were the constant soundtrack of my days. That fall of 2008 is scarred by and buried in this music, so sadly European and inexplicably intimate with my soul. After leaving Europe, I stopped listening to Zach Condon, for this music is suited by the street lights of European cities, by the all-seeing church bells and by the colored branches of the autumn trees. The beach, the jungle or the Hindu temple are alien to this music, make it sound grotesque and pretentious. But now, when back on European soil, the music has not only retrieved its former beauty, but it's also assumed new charms and will be leaving new emotional traits.

Geen opmerkingen: