zondag 26 oktober 2008

Black cherry & Nutmeg

Incredible- how strong are the memories evoked by a smell. I have just found my old body yogurt . The residual aroma essence of black cherry and nutmeg was a present from my grandma this February…and just by opening it…I started a journey. A different, unplanned puzzle of events and faces. Just after opening the jar…my nostrils felt a sudden comfort; a well-known “melody” of the air….and the smell led me back there. These black cherry & nutmeg used to accompany me in the warm March days of Barcelona, under the palm trees. It was carring me throught the afternoon hours washed away with numerous claras and tapas. It was part of me at night on the beach and on the little squares. This smell would mingle with the passengers sweat and chase away the sour odors of the metro Girona to Jaume I. Fading away in the early morning it would be leaving me in laughter and joy on the dirty little streets downtown. One thing is certain: these times are gone as well as my body yogurt. But I won’t throw away this humble left-over at the bottom until it gets rotten, stinky and unbearable- it is my aroma ticket back to the idle days of my youth.

Geen opmerkingen: