vrijdag 27 februari 2009

The March of the Zapotec

Aaaahhhh. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It’s painful to know that HE will be in Amsterdam and Brussels the coming May and I am on the other side of the world. There will be Gulag Orchestra playing out loud my favorite songs, there will be those Elephant guns shooting with millions of brass melodies, there will be Sunday Smiles and Postcards from Italy. And I will not be there to sing along ….. “What melody will lead my Lover from his bed”. Anyways “The March of the Zapotec” the newest of Beirut is a FACT. They did not split. Zach is Zach again successfully recovered after his crisis last summer. I just don’t understand why there is nothing about the album on 3voo12 or Myspace?!!! Why are you torturing meeee!!!!

I have to see them live before I die! I have to immerse myself in this ingenuous oblivion called Beirut – hypnotized by this music, intoxicated by this voice. Sing for me “March of the Zapotec”!!! Sing for me in the following spring months as your ancenstor “The flying Club Cup” sang for me last seasons under rain and snow. Sad and joyous. I will catch up one day. He is still 22.

Could somebody tell Zach Condon that he is the bestest!



Geen opmerkingen: