dinsdag 17 februari 2009

Meet the Rainforest



And yes finally Kamie has started work. I almost felt bad practicing so much of what I actually have to study. But these glorious times will be slowly substituted by critical evaluations, seminars, sustainability and all that the tourism industry should be and is not. With a shirt and a skirt, smart as hell, I entered for the first time the white building of one of those organizations that are actually doing something to preserve the biodiversity of the planet, prevent pollution and deforestation, teach businesses how to reduce their waste and be more sustainable and less harmful to the local culture and the environment. Teach consumers how to be responsible and become part of this global movement. And I am part of that as well. Such peaceful atmosphere at the workplace – flowers everywhere (it’s the Rainforest Alliance anyways), maps and pictures of wild animals, beaches and indigenous communities on the walls. Friendly, international colleagues. I was also able to meet big bad boss Ronald Sanabria who is cited in half of our text books on sustainability. Well Ronald is everything but big and bad. Smiling brightly as the morning sun he is extremely easy-going and pleasant to talk to. My Castillano accent amuses everyone, we drink mate with Silvia (my supervisor) in her office while she is showing me on the map all the places the RA is working with. Litters of mate, talk and talk until it’s already time for a meeting and Kamie goes home with a USB full of information on every country in Central America, environmental data, tourism and sustainability, sustainability and tourism. I don’t know what came first anymore.

Найлонови торбиииички!!!!

Like my good friend Andrea used to say : Mi bolsa de exprerincia esta creciendo!

1 opmerking:

anchett zei

Найлонови торбиииички!!!! :)))


having good time, a?? :) sei brav, pamukov!

miss you!