woensdag 4 februari 2009

Coconut is wet

So much tropical rain in the last 24 hours that I lost my ability to speak. Just sit and listen to the mighty nature. When its raining like that you cannot even hear the people speaking. I am in a hostel again in Puerto Viejo - the Eastern (Carribean ) coast of Coast Rica. After 4 days of laziness in Backpackers Hostel in San Jose I decided to make a move to the sunny coast in search for better skies. Well, better skies were not what I actually found. A downpour from la boca del cielo. As if the whole sky has opened up. Its not like a normal rain even - no drops, no softness. This tropical rain is like a curtain that covers everything around. But we do not seem to suit the landscape - we are out of place, unwanted, aliens. We cannot break the pact that has existed from the begining of time - sky, rain, rainforest, soil. And so it covers us- our voices, our faces and the only ones speaking are the singing hands of the sky.

1 opmerking:

kabomy zei

the coconut things really made me laugh :)