dinsdag 2 maart 2010

2010

Indeed, this blog has seen better days! Days when I, alone in my thoughts, introverted and asocial, could find meaningful expression only through my New Slang-ing. However, now things have changed. It’s the beginning of the third month of 2010 and let me tell what is going on:

- the beginning of January 2010 was marked by extraordinary news – my graduation thesis will be published in an academic journal. Of course after some serious trimming – out of 100 pages I (I am saying I but in fact there is a strict and demanding researcher looking over my shoulder day and night) need to cut it down to 10. The first academic research ever published on the Environmental state of Macau in the Context of Tourism. And me ... the proud author (of course after the name of demanding researcher).

- in that same beginning of January 2010 something else happened, something of gigantic proportions (or at least it seems so now). Yes, there it is. In about six months I will have to leave my current whereabouts (and all other locations) and settle on the Island. Congratulate me, my friends, for even the impossible mission has become possible and I will be a Master’s student in Edinburgh the coming fall. My new home will be the city that inspired Harry Potter and Trainspotting and the new endeavor - Environmental and Ecological Sciences. The only obstacle – the scholarship! Application has been sent and the waiting more painful that ever! But victory is sweet!

- while all this was happening a new inspiration entered my already overloaded head. Freelance Journalism and Travel Writing had been on my mind since I have started college, but now for he first time I realized that if don’t do it now, if I don’t use the enormous stimulus that Asia is giving me, if I do not act out of pure intuition and sign up for a course... well I may really miss out on something that will turn my life around (for the better). So... London School of Journalism is the name of my college and I am taking part in a distant course. The good news is that I will get a British Honors Degree in Journalism, and if it turns out well I may get published while doing the course. There are a couple of publications that I am currently considering. But little by little.

- and the weirdest of all .. I am teaching freaking English to Chinese high-school students. IELTS levels (????@?@?) No further comment on that one.

That’s why time is scarce. Social-networking has been limited to almost none.
And I am homesick like never before.

Geen opmerkingen: