vrijdag 12 maart 2010

The Kings

“Hey Cam, do you know where I could book tickets for gigs in Hong Kong”
“Ugh... online”
“It's not working out. I have been trying to find a ticket to this awesome band, but I can't”
“What band?”
“Kings of Convenience”
“What what what.. the Kings are coming to Hong Kong?”
“Yeah, man, on the 25 March”
“Ok let me check these tickets then..”

The King's first show in Asia is conveniently located next door.The tour continues to Seoul, Manila, Bangkok and Tokyo. Imagine my surprise, I honestly cannot come up with 10 people from my friends' circle who know the Kings of Convenience and yet they are coming to Lady-Gaga-stricken Asia. I imagine expats, exchange students and some really alternative Hong Kong-nese. But who cares, tickets are purchased (online) and I will be in a state of utter euphony, since this will be the first time for 10 months that I will publicly listen to something different that pop-crap. If it is small gig, even better (hope it is actually :D but who knows who knows!!!!!). Declare Dependence on the streets of Hong Kong.

Geen opmerkingen: