vrijdag 26 maart 2010

A quiet protest

Ooo there is a little bit of me inside you, there is a little bit of you in everyone...

Two years ago was the last time I went to a decent big concert of somebody I adore. Two years until last night at around 10pm when The Kings of Convenience shook my soul. With the exception of a couple of really small gigs, this was the first acoustic concert I have been to and it was so different. I remember when the first song started, My ship isn't pretty from the new Declaration of Dependence.. I swear I wanted to jump and scream and do a moshing around me. Of course you cannot really do that with this soulful music and in a Chinese crowd. I think it is useless to say how incredible those boys are... and there music made me feel so at home, European and silly proud that I value such music. The last one year was spent on continents that no matter what I do I will not understand any time soon. No matter how adaptive you are and immerse your thoughts into this culture and lifestyle, you remain a foreigner. Until those two Norwegians come, sing a couple of slow songs and there you are in some unique state of continuous mental multiorgasm. Nothing really matters after that, the homesickness, the lost sense of belonging, or the coincidence that brought you (and them) to Hong Kong. Nothing. Just us and the ocean of music around us.

Sheer simplicity.

Geen opmerkingen: