zaterdag 6 maart 2010

Climate attack

What happens when the humidity of the air reaches 97%? Not only your lungs, skin and hair suffer immensely, but so do cameras, lap tops and flat screen Tvs. They suffer quietly and eventually shut down. Sometimes forever. When this happens not only lungs, skin and hair get upset, but the whole of the human being, especially, when the shutting down does not save your pics, documents and other (non)humanly valuables. I would say global warming took it personally on me again and since February 2010 was the wettest month in 15-20 years in Macau, I do not know who else the blame. Suddenly, my 2009-acquired notebook could not start up. Considering costs, counting each penny, weighting pro's and con's I finally decided to join the Apple family. Here I stand now with my 13-inch MacBook, like a child with a new toy. Four fingers slide upwards, 3 fingers on the mousepad slide sideways.... cannot get enough yet!

Even though the weather is a trivial and boring topic, I could not restrain myself from complaining at least a little bit. How could I, since one day its -5 Celsius and the day after you wake up in sweat and stick in 35 Celsius. The climate is going nuts. Last Saturday, there was a slight panic attack around here – earthquake in Chile, earthquake in Japan, tsunami hitting the Philippines and the entire South Pacific (believe it or not I was going to isolate myself with a bottle of wine on the rooftop, waiting and watching the climatic conditions). Who would have known that the two earthquakes would counterbalance each other and prevent the next weather tragedy? Lucky we are, indeed! For now.

Geen opmerkingen: