vrijdag 21 mei 2010

Add some music to your day

The 10 albums that have been with me in the last couple of weeks, times when all I think of in the morning is the coming of the night, when I can lay down my head again. The climate is crushing me. It is sucking the vital juices out of my body , no matter how many Kiwis I have for breakfast. Every day is like the last 30 second of Dancing with myself. And the only thing that keeps me going right now – lame as it may be - is music. So the ten albums that have become my best friends, my family, my lovers and all those other people I don't spend time with. At all.

1. Two Dancers – Wild Beasts

A bit off-beat, a bit dark, a bit renaissance, but still undeniably indie-pop. The high pitch and the lyrics take me someplace far away from here, from this unbearable humidity, somewhere cool and dark.
2. Surf's up – the Beach Boys
Not sure how I ended up listening to this album but it is really the music that I need right now.
3. This is happening – LCD Soundsystem
I have been waiting for something new from Mr. James Murphy for a while now and the new 2010 release is really a WOW. The beat that gets me moving and dancing around.
4. Congratulation – MGMT
I think I covered that one earlier this month but still, the boys did an amazing job. They have managed to create some slightly old-school sound, and everything old-school is welcomed into my library.
5. Veckatimest- Grizzly Bear
Yet another long-awaited album has come out this year and it is brutally good. I love how heavy and blue it is, how every song is like a continuation of the previous one and how the layers of music do not allow you to get the whole feeling right away. That's why I keep on.
6. Chunk of change- Passion Pit
It was hard to pick an album, because there is hardly a Passion Pit song that I haven't abused in the last couple of weeks. But I think Cuddle Fuddle helped me pick the winner.
7. The Garden – Silver Apples
This is the point when I get totally weird during the day and I daydream for hours about a place where people lounge around a lake, drink wine and explore the multiverse of their minds.
8. A saucerful of secrets – Pink Floyd
Every now and then there are these moments when I get into Pink Floyd for a while... not into Pink Floyd probably but into the mood that their music create. Somewhat out of reason and Earth. Who needs reason and Earth nowadays? Lucy in the sky with diamonds! (that's a different story :))
9. Schoolboys in disguise – The Kinks
So much of the energy of the 70s is pouring out of this record that I cannot stop listening to it right now.
10. The Merriwheater Post Pavilion – The Animal Collective
Any comment is useless, this music from another universe. I cant wait to see them live soon and get collectively “animalized”.

Thanks for tuning in!

Geen opmerkingen: