zaterdag 8 mei 2010

Congratulations


Over and over, song after song, Congratulations has totally occupied my musical freedom. My iTunes have once again surrendered under this familiar spel of psycho-electro-rock beats. MGMT's new release is not only conceptually and rhythmically inspiring but cruelly addictive. Not only am I unable to stop listening to it, but I cant seem to stop listening to all other albums of MGMT. Sitting at home on a cloudy Asian Saturday, sipping on a Carlsberg, reading Nick Hornby I have been going through Of Birds, Moons & Monsters, Hot Love Drama, Time to Pretend and all the new singles I can't wait to see on videos (actually I cannot say the MGMT've got a song that I do not like but that's not really the question here :D)
I have gotten so far as to check out any upcoming gigs that I may be able to attend. The closest and most probable one is 20-21 September, Barrowlands, Glasgow (or Paradiso, Amsterdam around my birthday if I can get to stay in Nederland for little longer). Yeah until then... Brian Eno.

"these performances, and the new album, are absolutely amazing. mgmt has done what almost no band can seem to do, release a debut album fueled by highly accessible, radio friendly singles, then on their sophomore effort, get weirder, more obscure, less radio friendly, while still maintaining their pop sensibilities and catchiness and actually releasing a better album. "congratulations" is nearly flawless and "siberian breaks" may be one of the best songs ive ever heard."(sweethypocricy09 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aS6jHraUpg)

Geen opmerkingen: