maandag 10 mei 2010

I mean .. I don't know. I am not like 15 or anything anymore.. but when I get stuck listening to a band and an album over and over and over again... it seems like not much has changed since those glorious times in the first half of the '00's. The intensity, the commitment, the maniacal obsession with a song, the bragging'-about-it-annoying-everyone type of worship. Worship. There you have it. In a way I hope this feeling will never go away and will be as crazy about music in 15 years as am I now. Cause it makes me sing and smile on the bus, it makes me feel as if I am conveying a message out there – hey you, don't grow up, mate, sing your heart out and make other people sing too, sing and dance and the rest is useless noise. ("Tried to amplify the sound of light and love"). And that's why I often geek out and listen to music at home instead of dive into Macau's overpriced nightlife.

Last night, I danced and sung half-naked on the rooftop of our house in the pissing rain. I wish everybody such experiences. Its refreshing. Literally.

3 opmerkingen:

Videlicet G. zei

I believe what you describe is a great feeling, a dive into a little bit older version of you, some sweet retro senses crawling all around your soul...I love feeling this way:)
Thank you for sharing

camelia zei

sometimes I want my older version back here - noisy and careless.
Now I care way to much about stuff.... but I am coping.
how about you..do you still drink wine outside in cold winter evenings :))) singing and talking and dreaming

Videlicet G. zei

Singing may be dangerous for neighbors:)).. but deep inside i am all the same. A kernel of human nature is a kernel of human nature, what we really are is hardly changing