donderdag 27 mei 2010

Stage diving

If you have two empty bank accounts and a credit card running on minus for half a year, may be you will not book a trip to Bali for two weeks. May be not. But me, freaking insane piece of work, did exactly that. The dilemma was not simple: I need to check out of the student accommodation on the 15 June; my flight to Amsterdam is on 4 July; what to do for 2 weeks with no money. Staying at somebody's place is kinda impossible in the current geographical context and the only option I could figure out is get another super cheap but slightly unconfirmed student accommodation in Macau. Or go to a cheap beach and bum around for a while. Of course, I went for the last one. Being poor in a miserable hostel in freaking Macau against being poor on a hammock on the Island of the Gods. Unfair battle, I know.
My strategy for financing these two weeks is so complicated, that I don't even understand it properly. I am being really unreasonable, I know it is a super stupid and self-indulgent thing that I will most probably regret at some later point, but honestly the whole 2010 has been such a damn mess. Add another stupidity from my side and the result will not be that different. Entering a new stage of insanity every day.

What is the morale from this story: never go to the gym hangovered!

2 opmerkingen:

spacecake zei

Hah, both my bank account and credit card account are almost impossibly stretched at the moment, so I understand pretty well how you must be feeling... But I think about it like this: I'd rather have less money and more time to feel good about my life. Money comes and goes and I'm sure it will even out some time soon :-)

Kamiek zei

you are definitely right, I am freaking out a bit because I am normally "the voice of reason". I am pragmatic and want to know what's going on. But somehow lately.. all of this has gone to hell and instead of becoming smarter and better at organizing my life, I am throwing it into turbulent waters :DDDD

may be it's for the best, may be not, who knows.

(:-D