zaterdag 28 november 2009

Basterds

Finally, it has reached me. I’ve been waiting for this movie since February…yeah it was February when I found out that Tarantino’s got a new one. And now after seeing it I’d say it’s the best that he has ever done. It’s brutal. I had to stop it a few times and rewind. While watching it ... I knew something will go wrong with the Operation Kino, cause you know, it didn’t happen like that…and surprisingly as the events unfolded I was simply stunned. Stunned indeed! Apparently it’s only through the unlimited scope of art that one could transform the past, change history, adress human tragedies and make them ….. entertaining. I had the same thought while reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close . Of course, not even a decade has passed since 9/11 and the issue is still hot. But that was the only piece of art about those events that was not political and propaganda-driven, no peace and war, nothing like it. It happened, its part of human history and must be reflected in art. Read that book. You won’t regret a single line.
It’s the mastermind behind this movie that will not let me sleep tonight. I’ll probably watch some parts again… thinking what on Earth is this guy’s brain made of so he simply cannot create anything mundane or peaceful? Damn I wish I knew.

Geen opmerkingen: