donderdag 5 november 2009

Lifestylism

I was just searching for something in my huge archives and I found the following text. May be it was a response to a post that somebody published in the summer about the things he/she loves (???). Dont know and I don't know why I havent published it so far, but I will do it now. It was written in the begining of August in Costa Rica. No word was altered since then.

"So everybody loves stuff. I love stuff too; probably I won’t publish this but is always healthy to think about the things you love. Especially next to the pool on a sunny midday in San Jose. There we go.

I love tossing pebbles in the river (or any other kind of water body). This is like the number one thing to do on an autumn afternoon when a motley crew of leaves is dancing in the air, in the water, on your scarf and on the benches in the park. Tossing pebbles in the river is a special activity – you have to get to the water and you are required to have pebbles. Therefore, Holland is so far considered “tossing pebbles in the water”-hot-spot numero uno! Needles to say, water is everywhere, you can park your fiets close to the singel, sit on the ground if its not wet, grab the first little stone you see and toss it. Mannn.. I can do this for ages. Of course if you have a company and a butte of cheap Albert Hijn wine…well…life becomes really a beautiful thing.

I love waking up in the sun. Those mornings when I crawl out of my sleeping bag, half-frozen half-sweaty, dirty-faced and grass-smelly, and I see the sunshine light stroking gently our campsite are the best morning of the year. I never forget to sleep outside at least once every four seasons. On the beach, in the mountains, random fields and meadows, in the park (Barcelona crew knows!) ...wherever…. Of course sometimes you wake up with the rain instead of the sun especially in Lowland but the feeling is still there.

I love when boys and girls look all sex-similar or I don’t know if there is a word (androgynous???) What I mean is boys with tight, tight clothes, slightly feminine. I think you call them metro sexual or something like that. Well yeah….I loves that. Moreover, I love when girls have manly hairdos, clothes and attitude. .. When men look like women and women like man. Lovely. I wonder if one day we would completely swap sex roles. Or like Renton says in Trainspotting .. May be there will be only sex left. I would not mind at all.

I love languages. No so much studying tenses ad conjugating verbs but when you start understanding. When you understand that little world of thoughts that you are accessing. When the language starts understanding you and becomes your tool of communication, your best friend and sometimes most dangerous weapon. Yeah ….when you can start expressing your feelings, making jokes and discussing politics and be completely understood. When you start understanding songs… wow... when I heard Manu Chao in Spain last year... those were totally different songs, because I knew what he was singing about. I understood. When you start reading in the language, watching movies, working and loving somebody in that language…you enter a totally new universe of words, expressions, modes of thinking, behavioral patterns, attitudes. In about a month I will start learning three new languages – Portuguese (easy-busy), Mandarin (hard-core) and Cantonese or Japanese (double hard-core but sounding nicer). I am afraid I will become a total 100% nerd trying to read and write yeroglyphs all day and night. If I manage to start understanding one tenth of those languages … That will be like a double mental orgasm. I love when I don’t understand when people speak French, or when your boy whispers in your years something in Italian. I love wondering what kind of language are these people next to me speaking – normally when I don’t understand anything from what people say but they are obviously Europeans – well most of the time its Irish slang  Languages, that’s it. Slangs, accents, local words, dying languages … new languages, computer language, body language, sign language (have to learn that one).

I don’t think I need to say how much I love music, arts (all kinds of), literature and cinema. That will be useless. The day the music, arts, literature and cinema die, the world may juts as well stop turning. That’s about it.

I love traveling. I love love love traveling. Arriving somewhere is such a special feeling for me. I am different when I travel. I drink and smoke more, eat less, sleep less and do stupid things most of the time. Don’t care about the main square although there is always somebody with you who wants to climb up the Eifel Tower (Тодоре!!). I always get into weird anti-tourism situations (if you work at a pizza shop probably you don’t eat pizza at home if you know where I am getting at). Like talking about the Sandinista Popular Revolution with a local 60 year old guy in a small non-commercial salsa bar in Granada, Nicaragua, don’t ask how I ended up there. Or listening to a semi-private concert on a God-knows-where-located beach of the Mediterranean coast of Spain. Or lighting fireworks from the roof top of a 7-story building downtown Marsillia, South of France… and all those other special moments shared with people you will never meet again even though you have exchanged e-mails and phone numbers. All that hitchhiking, volcano- climbing, camping, backpacking, cave-snorkeling, bar-hopping and even sight-seeing ... I love that so much and it’s an addiction. Once you start you can never stop. I have to cite Oscar Widle “The only way to resist temptation is to yield to it”. Ende.

I love wine, beer, whiskey, rum, vodka, gin, vermouth, menta, guaro, grappa, rakia, mastica, sake, martini, scotch, brandy, cognac, sweet liquors, sidder, arrack and toddy and tari (haven’t tried them yet but I will love them for sure next year), tequila, sparkling wine, pure, with soda, in a cocktail, in candies, before eating, during eating, after eating, day and night, summer and winter. You got it? I mean I don’t love the after-effect that much as the drinking, the rituals, the taste and the occasion (sometimes the lack of occasion). Yeah…This love will finish me.

I love Zachary Condon! Find him, tie him up and send it to me for my birthday. I want him singing naked in the backyard.

I love people. (Be prepared: here comes a huge hippie though). I love seeing them after a long long separation, I love thinking about them as friends. I love meeting them in parks, squares, in-front-of-the-cinema-Svilengrad-even-thoug-there-is-no-cinema-anymore, bars, at home and at their home, during travels and adventures. I love talking to them for the first time and for the last time before saying goodbye. I love taking showers with them, swimming naked in lakes with them, cutting their hair, traveling with them, sharing a tent with them, listening to them when they have nothing worth saying, drinking with them, I love thinking that they’re so great, I love feeling attracted by them and trying to imitate them. I love when they are being silly or smart-asses, sad, happy, inspired, angry, and energetic. I love the human touch, the smile, the hug, the handshake, the tap on the shoulder, the kiss, and the sudden pull when somebody decides to kiss you unexpectedly. People all over the world – black, white, brown, yellow, red, green on yellow stripes. I love to know how they live and show them how I live, I wanna know what they eat and cook for them what I eat, I wanna know what their favorite songs are and play them my favorite ones. I want to know their language and teach them mine (almost impossible but still true – Joey you are my hope!!!!). Without them nothing in this life will be worth living... no matter if they are friends, family members or complete strangers.

I love sleeping on the floor, hammocks, concerts, landscapes – natural and urban, racial mixtures, peanuts, coffein and matein, huge electronic parties, cities, boats and ships, after parties, coffee beans, every single fruit and vegetable on the planet. I love thinking about the future (I am not a living-in-the-moment person) making plans, imagining places, thinking about my future children, planning trips, studies, careers… and knowing all of this has the freedom not to happen. And that’s the best part of it. I love life itself, I am not curious (not even a little bit) about the afterlife, death and the next level if those things exist whatsoever. I don’t need any extreme sports to feel alive. I am alive every day and I want to be alive until there is not space for wrinkles on my skin anymore. I don’t need to see aliens and other planets and to be in space. I love the earthlings, this planet and its wonders. And I want to see them all. I love slow life. "
The end

3 opmerkingen:

Brian Barker zei
Deze reactie is verwijderd door een blogbeheerder.
Unknown zei

ko me valnuvash na rabota s tezi inspirational words =)
ste se prevurne v hobby da ti cheta blog-a... the best distraction from work and to gain some cool perspective on life ;)

Kamiek zei

hahha. inspirational words. toa post sum go spretnala pred baseina v edin hostel, sled predozirane s vitamin D :DDD.